Monday, August 17, 2009

6 years ago......

..... we started on an amazing journey. Yesterday was our anniversary. I can't believe we have been married 6 years. I still remember our wedding day and all the details. We were only engaged for about 6 months so my mom got right to work. She was the expert wedding coordinator. She had already put together 3 weddings before hand. She was amazing. I'll never be able to thank her for all she did. Oh yea...dad too, for fittin the bill!;) I loved the colors I picked out. The bridesmaids dresses, thanks to mom and Aunt Debbie for those, they were beautiful. Even girls 8 months pregnant look good in them, Annie! LOVE how my cousin Hunter pulled a wagon down the aisle with three cuties, Emily, Max and Haidyn, in it. I am pleased with myself for letting the bridesmaid pick out how they wanted their hair done unlike some weddings I have been in, MANDY!!! I LOVE my dress. It was straight with a beautiful long train. I wish I could have worn it longer! I love how Jason and I got to see each other before the ceremony! It was our special moment together and we were able to get the pics out of the way! I loved how we faced out into the guests. I love how my wedding album turned out. I love how when Ella looks at our wedding book she always wants to know were she is. So blessed to have all my memories that I LOVE captured for me to cherish forever.

6 years ago I became a wife to such an amazing man. Thank you Jason for working so hard for our family. Thank you for being a hands on, fabulous Daddy. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for loving God and being an awesome witness for those around you. I love you and can't wait for many more anniversaries!

Here is the poem my grandfather wrote for our wedding invitation. Personally Sisters, I think mine is the best!;)

A miracle? It has to be,
Though some will say a mystery:
How this one, who came our way,
Becomes the bride we see today.
She's a beauty, in gown and train,
A cause for tears without the pain.
She and her father, in awhile,
Will be progressing down the aisle;
As they approach a stately guy.
Fidgeting nervously, standing by,
I'll be leafing through the years,
Back to a day with similar fears.
Now, Dear God, we turn to You,
And ask what only You can do;
Bless our children with love to share,
And keep them in Your watchful care.
This, Dear Lord, is all we say;
In the name of Jesus is how we pray.
Amen


Some pics from our wedding album. Sorry for the quality I scanned them in and apparently my scanner is on the fritz!



8 comments:

Becky said...

Who ever thought - six years and three kiddos later! Time has flown. We feel so blessed to have Jason as a part of our family. I love you!

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

Beautiful wedding and beautiful couple! Happy anniversary!

Mandy said...

OH PLEASE! What would we laugh about all of the time if we didn't have the hair memories of my wedding! And no, my poem is the best! you were a beautiful bride though!

Unknown said...

I did look quite fabulous in that bridesmaid dress ;)

Happy Anniversary!!

Stacy said...

Happy Anniversary!!beautiful wedding I would have never guessed Annie pergo! Beautiful poem that is so neat just like your family. Wish you and Jason many more years.

Annie said...

Happy Anniversary! Great pics, wish we could have seen them better, I'm glad you didn't post a close up of the white WHALE I was that special day. ;) Oh, and MY poem was the best!!!!

Leslie said...

I must say, you made an absolutely beautiful bride.

Happy Anniversary!

Unknown said...

very interesting to read ....Thank you for sharing this great fountain with us.I loved it. Thank you for having the courage to be real......
Samantha
Are you scared to be alone at home need security